Shoyu Tamago - Hamada Savory Marinated Japanese Soy Sauce Eggs
If you're looking to explore the delicate yet flavorful world of Japanese cuisine, these Savory Marinated Japanese Soy Sauce Eggs are an absolute must-try. With a perfect balance of umami and sweetness, these eggs are a wonderful addition to your culinary repertoire. Whether enjoyed on their own as a snack, added to a bowl of ramen, or used as a topping for salads, these eggs are versatile and packed with taste. Let's dive into this easy-to-follow recipe that will surely elevate your cooking game.
- 8 Omega eggs
- 550 ml water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 50 g sugar
- 120 ml Hamadaya Japanese Seasoning Soy Sauce
1. Preparing the Eggs:
- Begin by placing the cold eggs into a pot and covering them with water.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil.
2. Boiling the Eggs:
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to the lowest setting to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Let the eggs cook in the simmering water for 4 minutes. This will result in creamy, slightly set yolks.
3. Cooling the Eggs:
- After 4 minutes, carefully remove the eggs from the pot and transfer them to a bowl filled with ice-cold water.
- Let the eggs sit in the cold water for a few minutes. This step not only stops the cooking process but also makes the eggs easier to peel.
4. Preparing the Soy Sauce Mixture:
- While the eggs are cooling, prepare the soy sauce mixture by combining the boiled water, rice vinegar, sugar, and Hamadaya Japanese Seasoning Soy Sauce in another pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
5. Marinating the Eggs:
- Once the soy sauce mixture has cooled, gently peel the cooled eggs.
- Carefully place the peeled eggs into the cooled soy sauce mixture, ensuring they are fully submerged.
- Allow the eggs to marinate in the soy sauce mixture overnight. This extended marination will infuse the eggs with rich flavor and a beautiful color.
- After marinating overnight, remove the eggs from the soy sauce mixture.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, revealing the stunning marbled appearance.
- These eggs are now ready to be served as a delectable snack, a flavorful ramen topping, or a delightful addition to your salads.
These Savory Marinated Japanese Soy Sauce Eggs showcase the art of balancing flavors in Japanese cuisine. The tender, marinated eggs boast a harmonious blend of sweetness and umami that's sure to impress your taste buds. With simple ingredients and easy steps, this recipe invites you to explore the world of Japanese flavors right in your kitchen. Enjoy the versatility and delightful taste of these marinated eggs as they elevate your dishes to a new level of culinary excellence.