Foie Gras Sauce Recipes
Sauces for Seared Foie Gras
You have a world of choices for a sauce to serve with foie gras. The most important thing to remember is that the fatty texture of foie gras is complemented with a balanced sauce containing both sweetness and acidity. Peaches, mango and pineapple all work well, these are the most popular sauces.
Simple Balsamic Reduction:
1. Reduce 1/2 cup port and 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar by half, or to a syrupy consistency.
2. Place slices of sautéed foie gras over mixed baby field greens
3. Drizzle on port balsamic reduction, and serve.
Easy Apple Sauce:
1. Heat 3/4 cup fresh, unsweetened applesauce (without cinnamon) with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
2. Peel and slice 1 green apple.
3. Sauté the slices in 1 tablespoon each butter and sugar until the sugar caramelizes.
4. Spoon the applesauce onto a plate, add slices of sautéed foie gras, then top with apple slices.
Green Grape Sauce:
1. Purée about 20 seedless green grapes with ½ cup sweet vermouth.
2. Strain into a saucepan and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup.
3. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of demiglaze. Taste and adjust balance of acid or sweet, adding a touch of vinegar for acid, a touch of sugar for sweetness.
4. Drizzle sauce over slices of sautéed foie gras.
You may wish to slice several grapes in half and use them as a garnish for the plate.